"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19
Thursday, March 29, 2007
Rhythm of the Night
I had a moment at work tonight that I consciously thought "never forget this moment." It was precious! One of the nurses was doing a tube feeding for her patient, an older man- so cute. I am not sure what kind of surgery he had done but he has white hair, cute as can be African man! So he is sitting on his bed, his nurse is standing there giving him his tube feeding through his nasogastric tube. The radio is on. The radio station here plays quite old American music. But I think this time they had a CD in. It was something like Monster Ballads, Jock Jams or Dance Party '95 something along those lines. Well, the song "Rhythm of the Night" was on. Remember that one??? All of us who went to Junior high/high school dances in the 90s do! Well, so the music is playing and this dear man, sitting with his dressed wound, tube out of his nose, hospital gown- he is bobbing his head not to miss a beat to this classic 90s tune. I wish you could have seen it! It was priceless! Oh, thank God for the simple things that bring such joy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You will have these moments when you're a CM at HOV..........they are what makes our work the best job there is. Sarah
Dara, ive just caught up on all your blogs. i cant believe you are there still! and you are having an amazing time already as i have imagined. i have been praying for you and the people of liberia. i am in such awe of what you are doing. and how fun to get little reminders of home, even if they are from back in the day! i miss and love you very much!
Hello Dara, How wonderful to be with you in this way on your journey. We are all so proud of you and all that you are doing. I feel like I should list all the things to be careful of(like I would know what to be careful of in Liberia) but I am sure your mom has that covered. I will pray for you every day. Sarah Tabaka
precious.
Post a Comment