On Monday we went out again to make home visit in a nearby village. Again, I was awe struck by what I saw. Each time we go out on home visits I am learning, understanding and appreciating the effectiveness of this ministry more and more. We saw a couple of the same patients that I had seen last week. A couple were feeling much better and it was a delight to see their spirits lifted and a renewed twinkle in their eye.
One of the patients, a young woman with AIDS was no better. She continues to decline- emaciated and appearing to lack any desire to keep living. My heart broke as I realized at this stage we pray for her heart. Lifting her up to the Lord for mercy that she doesn’t have to keep on in pain and suffering- trusting the Lord that she knows Him or if not that He will grab a hold of her heart and that she may soon joyfully join Him in heaven- dancing, free from pain and any further heartache. Walking away from a visit like this I leave feeling quite solemn. But, that lasts only a moment. As we return to the “care center” and all the volunteers gather together to sing and pray hope is renewed. Today we join in singing one of my favorite songs here in South Africa. It’s a beautiful display of life here; the hearts, strength and mind-frame of these strong people. The words are simple but a testimony of life:
Never give up (never sounding more like ne-vah- with their gorgeous voices)
Never give up
Never, never, never, never, never...
Never give up
I say never, never give up
The words are few but the depth is to the core of what they believe and how they survive.
So, whatever you are facing today. Know that I am here in South Africa singing, "Nev-vah give up" and faithfully praying for you.
Also, thanks so much for your faithful prayers, letters and emails! You keep me encouraged. Thanks! Bless you!
3 comments:
Dara,
It is truly a blessing to hear from you, and to hear how you are renewed by others and this awesome song!!!!
Your strength and peace is such an encouragement to me, if I am struggling- i just think of you!!
Never give up!!! Awesome!!
Love you
Hi, its Stephanie (social work) and Vicky Gaughan. I am visiting Pat today and we decided to check out your blog! We both hope you are doing well!!! Much love!
I just love reading your posts Dara! You encourage me in my Western (Mid Western) life...
Lynz
Post a Comment